Bees vanished from the game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by nate, Feb 7, 2018.

1. nate

nate Member

For the rist 3 seasons I found bees often and easily. Once it reached winter no bees. So I thought maybe its because winter. But its summer now and still no bees. I now have to buy bees. I know they do not cost much but they should still be able to be found.

2. Badger

Badger Moderator Staff Member Staxel Developer

Have you updated recently? We did have a bug which wiped the world of most insects, it should be fixed now. It'll take a few days for them to start repopulating old worlds though

Missi likes this.
  3. Badger

I'll make an issue for this as I've seen a couple more similar reports, thanks

4. Missi

Missi Active Member

Does it concern only bees or other wildlife as well?

5. Badger

I'm not really sure, but the reports seem to concern bees mainly. I don't know if that's because people tend to go hunting for bees specifically so they notice it more but we'll check it out

6. Missi

Missi Active Member

I didn't find butterflies for quite some time now. That's a pity, for their fluttering could be made out easy from further away.
    I happened to find bees more often in the early phases of me playing staxel, now that I think about it. I didn't until now, for I already own four apiaries.
    There were a lot of flies recently. Grasshoppers and those pink thingies were a little rare, but okay. There seemed to be almost no bugs left (no pun intended), though. I used to find much more dragonflies, when I started out. And as I said, the butterflies are nearly gone. :(

7. Badger

We did make some big changes to the spawning system to stop it being so predictable, bugs will recycle into other bugs but it's still a new change so new issues are coming with it. :(

8. Missi

Missi Active Member

That's why we're here, playing and reporting, aren't we? Plus: If I change something, there might be things following, I couldn't anticipate. That's life. You're all doing a great job and it's a great game.

Badger likes this.
  9. darkhog

darkhog Active Member

10. nate

nate Member

I am not sure about other bugs to be honest. I stopped collecting them apart from the star jellys. Bugs are a good money maker early game they kept my animals for starving. But now I have other revenue streams so no need to catch bugs. I just got my 100th apiary those bees bringing home the golden honey for me.

11. crzymom

crzymom New Member

I have not been able to find any stick bugs. All the other insects but not this particular one. Is it missing? Or am I missing something in looking for it?

12. Badger

Stick bugs will appear on horizontal parts of trees. You might see them on a tree's base but more than likely up in the branches.

13. crzymom

crzymom New Member

Hmm. I'm not sure how many years into the game I am, at least 5, but I have yet to see a stick bug. I'll keep looking.

Missi likes this.
  14. Badger

I might do some testing in that case. Do let me know if you find any though

15. crzymom

crzymom New Member

Do stick bugs spawn on the same trees as ladybugs and rhino beetles or on a different kind of tree? Just curious if they rotate through on the same trees as the other two.

16. Badger

They'll spawn on the regular meadow tree wood blocks, not the forest-y pine type trees.

17. crzymom

crzymom New Member

I have spent another season, making 4 seasons of serious looking for these in various locations and still haven't spotted any. But I'll keep looking. I've gotten the other 2 collections just not the insect one. :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  18. Missi

Missi Active Member

I don't remember seeing a stick bug either. I'm in third summer by now. I just recently read about them and wasn't sure at first, what a stick bug might be...

19. crzymom

crzymom New Member

I have started another world to see if I can find stick bugs. I find that the beetles cycle through, but haven't found the stick bugs. Since I didn't look/find any before the last update I don't know if they were missing. Except that others had found them.

20. Badger

So we're changing the way stick bugs will appear, they should be a lot easier to spot in the next update. :)