Can't update Staxel!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Alexis Rhone, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Alexis Rhone

Alexis Rhone New Member

Hi! I'm having some trouble updating Staxel. It's giving me the access denied screen. I read through some of the forums. I've tried to antivirus/avast trick, that didn't work. I tried task manager and I have nothing up there, that didn't work. I've un/reinstalled the game at least four times now. Each time I reinstall it takes me to the launcher with a update button and the cycle starts again. The bundle downloads perfectly, but when it's extracting it gives me the access denied bubble. Please help!

2. bartwe

bartwe Administrator Staff Member Staxel Developer

Hi,

Dang that is annoying.

Did it go away after a reboot ?

3. Alexis Rhone

Alexis Rhone New Member

Hahaha, I realized I don't pay attention and had to restart my pc. Thank you for responding though! <3 (also I'm in love with this game)

4. bartwe

bartwe Administrator Staff Member Staxel Developer

Well it shouldn't be necessary normally, but when 'something'?(virusscanner, bug in the launcher, windows) is in the way a reboot often helps.

5. Alexis Rhone

Alexis Rhone New Member

Before I restarted my computer I tried adding Staxel to the exclusion list, but it wasn't working. I wasn't necessarily sure what Staxel file was being denied, so I literally did trial and error with every file I had, none worked, so I tried to exclude all files at once, didn't work. So I uninstalled and reinstalled at least five or six times, so I just opted to unistall Mcafee all together and downloaded Avast. Went through the EXACT same process with Avast, uninstalled that and restarted my laptop and it worked! In short, I went through highwater to get it to work.
    I'm not sure what went wrong, but I figured I'd explain my process/issues for anyone else struggling like I did.