Chunk Errors?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chista, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Chista

Chista New Member

When I have the game running for a length of time, and did some reasonable editing to the world (editing my farm entirely and building oscars home) I get what seems comparable to chunk errors in Minecraft.

The holes though which the sky box is visible are 9x9, and walking into them will stop you from being able to play until you reboot the game.

The issue starts off as flickering terrain, before escalating into this level.

Once the day rolls around, if there is such a chunk error, the game crashes for me:

Valid totem found, heading home: staxel.villager.Riah.name
    Valid totem found, heading home: staxel.villager.Jamie.name
    ndc.fail.System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at Staxel.Data.NetworkDataConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count) in c:\hg\Staxel\Staxel\Data\NetworkDataConnection.cs:line 72
    at Staxel.Data.NetworkDataConnection.Reader() in c:\hg\Staxel\Staxel\Data\NetworkDataConnection.cs:line 92
    ndc.fail.System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at Staxel.Data.NetworkDataConnection.Send(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length) in c:\hg\Staxel\Staxel\Data\NetworkDataConnection.cs:line 269
    at Staxel.Data.NetworkDataConnection.Writer() in c:\hg\Staxel\Staxel\Data\NetworkDataConnection.cs:line 243
    Removing disconnected client entity id 700001
    ndc.dis.1
    Closing socket.
    ndc.dis.2
    Server in-game time stopped at: Day 46 Phase 0.04237976

2. bartwe

bartwe Administrator Staff Member Staxel Developer

Do things work again (for a while atleast) after restarting ?

3. Chista

Chista New Member

They do for a while, except for in one occasion where the game started me off in a chunk error, thats never occured again after though.

Usually takes 2-3 hours and a fair bit of exploration before it happens.

4. bartwe

bartwe Administrator Staff Member Staxel Developer

Ok i'm trying to fix this bug atm, altough 10hrs in i haven't succeeded yet, not giving up :)

5. Chista

Chista New Member

I know how much of a pain it can be, used to have a notoriety for being able to break everyone's games in school. Rooting for you, you can do it! ;)