Some bug spawn points "bugged"

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Silwerbullet, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Silwerbullet

Silwerbullet New Member

Some of the spawn points for bugs show the one type of bug but when catching it it notify and show in inventory another type of insect.
    The first time I noticed it I was catching only bees, queen bees, grasshoppers and fly's. When I got to sell I found 3 insects in my inventory I am sure I was not hunting. On youtube I saw a youtuber mentioning the same thing and so I went back and took careful notice chasing bugs on what I had in my sights and what I caught.
    There was a fly before me , but after I caught it it said I caught a grasshopper and so it showed in my inventory.

Tyrax Lightning and Missi like this.
  2. Pam

Pam New Member

To clarify, if it matters: I am opted in to testing.

I've also noticed this. I submitted a bug report. (still no pun intended) For example, I've caught a Cricket but it is actually a Snail when it goes into my inventory. It seems to be affecting all bugs. Any bug could turn into any other bug when caught;
    What was displayed -> What it actually was
    Blue Butterfly -> Yellow Butterfly
    Worker Bee -> Moth
    Queen Bee -> White Butterfly
    Cricket -> Snail
    Ladybug -> Rhino Beetle.

Screenshots of two different instances of this happening; https://imgur.com/a/ChnQ9

Those are just examples. I've run across all combinations. The only thing I haven't seen is different "Types" of bugs switching places. A flying bug will always turn into another flying bug and never a "ground" bug or a "tree hugger" bug. Spawn location doesn't seem to matter and it seems to become more frequent the more bugs I catch in a play session.

Like, when I first log on, I can catch like 30 bugs before it glitches. Then it'll be a little while before it happens again. Then, suddenly it's happening 3 to 4 times in a row. :confused:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Missi

Missi Active Member

Thinking about it, I found a snail in my inventory that I didn't catch. I suppose it was the same bug. Just now I wanted to catch a queen bee but it wasn't there, when I wanted to put it in the apiary.
    Just to confirm the bug is obviously not a specialty to some people but wide spread.

4. Froggy

Froggy New Member

I did notice this last night playing. right after season changed i caught a "cricket" but it was a snail. not sure if its tied to bugs already spawned before season change which causes their data to change but not their sprite.

Season went from 16th Spring to 1st Summer.

5. Silwerbullet

Silwerbullet New Member

Have to correct you on this one sorry, but did catch crickets when a fly was shown on the landscape and other way around. I did a focused test on only 3 bugs inside the town as i cleaned it of all flowers and grass. It was autumn in the period.

6. Pam

Pam New Member

Ahhh, no need to be sorry. I didn't mean it wasn't a possibility, only that I, myself, hadn't encountered it. Poor wording on my part. Thanks for drawing it to my attention. :)

7. Pam

Pam New Member

I was playing in Spring before. Now that I've played a few more hours and gotten back into Summer, when Flies start spawning, I've concluded that the game considers Flies to be what I called "ground type" bugs, meaning that they share spawn points with Snails, Crickets and Orchid Mantis. A bit odd, but such is the case. So it seems "spawn groups" would be a better choice of words over "spawn types" for bugs that share spawn points. Here's what I've found spawn in the same spawn points; but I've never seen cross-spawn. (Example: A Butterfly has never spawned at a Tree Hugger spawn point.) When catching a bug and having it "glitch" into a different bug it will always be another bug from it's "spawn group".

Flying Group
    Butterflies, Bees, Moths

Ground Group

Crickets, Orchid Mantis, Snails, Flies

Water Group
    Dragonflies

Tree Hugger Group
    Rhino Beetles, Ladybugs
    (Green and Brown Cicada spawn in the same locations as Rhinos and Ladybugs but I haven't had a Cicada glitch yet, so I'm just assuming in their case.)

And I haven't caught enough Stickbugs or Fireflies, or had them glitch, so I'm not sure what groups they belong too either.

8. Badger

Badger Moderator Staff Member Staxel Developer

Thanks for the info Pam, we're hoping this issue will be fixed in the next update :)