World will not launch most of the time

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mira, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Mira

Mira New Member

Maybe 19 times in 20 my world won't load. I try to load my world and get a message about failing to establish a single player server. After that I just get repeated "Sorry - exception" messages. Rarely, it will randomly load.

As of today, the game itself won't launch. It used to be a bit sporadic but now it seems to be completely broken. I'm getting an error box pop up full of garble, which I don't appear to be able to post a screenshot of.

I've tried verifying files etc. 40 hours already plugged into game so I'm reluctant to scrap it!

2. Badger

Badger Moderator Staff Member Staxel Developer

Does the error box look like the attached pic? If so, could you possibly right click on the window>edit>Select all, and then right click again>edit>copy, and then stick all of that into pastebin and post the link here for me to have a look at https://pastebin.com/

Hopefully we'll be able to sort these issues out for you.

Edit: If it's not allowing you to post an in-game screenie on the forums, you're welcome to dm it to me

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. Mira

Mira New Member

Yes, I've tried verifying files several times. The error box doesn't look like that - I've got a screengrab but I can't attach it. I also don't appear to be able to create DM's...

The error message comes up as a Staxel box and also as a windows box but it's not copyable. Found a site to host the image instead: https://ibb.co/jkX6xS

4. Badger

If you can try and get a crashlog that would be useful. Can you navigate to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Staxel\bin and create an empty txt file in there called "showconsole.txt" (I'll attach a copy if it's easier). Next time you try and launch the game it should launch with a console window like the one in the image I posted above. After you get the crash, could you try and copy the info for me?

If the console window doesn't open, it's crashing before it gets to that point, but will still be good to know. Are you using mods at all by the way?

5. Mira

Mira New Member

No mods running. So, this time, the game launched but my world didn't. I have two logs for you. Log for the game launching:

CTRL+C,CTRL+BREAK or suppress the application to exit
    Info: Wow64 : Detected Wow64 mode: False
    Info: Cpu : ProcessorNameString: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Info: Cpu : MaxClockSpeed: 2.60 GHz CurrentClockSpeed: 2.60 GHz
    Info: Cpu : Architecture: 9 PageSize:4096 NumberOfProcessors: 8
    Info: Cpu : Total hz: 20.8 GHz
    Info: Memory : TotalPhysicalMemory: 17.0 GB
    Info: Disk : Free disk space: 13.5 GB Disk: C:\
    Info: GPU : Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
    Info: GPU : DeviceID: VideoController1
    Info: GPU : AdapterRAM: 1073741824
    Info: GPU : AdapterDACType: Internal
    Info: GPU : InstalledDisplayDrivers: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2e329e8610bbb375\igdumdim64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2e329e8610bbb375\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2e329e8610bbb375\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2e329e8610bbb375\igd12umd64.dll
    Info: GPU : DriverVersion: 22.20.16.4836
    Info: GPU : VideoProcessor: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Info: GPU : VideoArchitecture: 5
    Info: GPU : VideoMemoryType: 2
    Info: GPU : Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    Info: GPU : DeviceID: VideoController2
    Info: GPU : AdapterRAM: 3221225472
    Info: GPU : AdapterDACType: Integrated RAMDAC
    Info: GPU : InstalledDisplayDrivers: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmi.inf_amd64_0401a47bc69f625c\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmi.inf_amd64_0401a47bc69f625c\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmi.inf_amd64_0401a47bc69f625c\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmi.inf_amd64_0401a47bc69f625c\nvldumdx.dll
    Info: GPU : DriverVersion: 22.21.13.8205
    Info: GPU : VideoProcessor: GeForce GTX 970M
    Warning: GPU : Multiple graphics cards detected, ensure the game is enabled to use the right one.
    Info: GPU : GPUKind: GeForce GTX 970M
    Info: GPU : GPURam: 3.22 GB
    Info: AV : Name: Kaspersky Total Security
    Info: AV : Name: Windows Defender
    Info: FW : Name: Kaspersky Total Security

And then log for the world failing to launch:

CTRL+C,CTRL+BREAK or suppress the application to exit
    Info: Wow64 : Detected Wow64 mode: False
    Info: Cpu : ProcessorNameString: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Info: Cpu : MaxClockSpeed: 2.60 GHz CurrentClockSpeed: 2.60 GHz
    Info: Cpu : Architecture: 9 PageSize:4096 NumberOfProcessors: 8
    Info: Cpu : Total hz: 20.8 GHz
    Info: Memory : TotalPhysicalMemory: 17.0 GB
    Info: Disk : Free disk space: 13.5 GB Disk: C:\
    Info: GPU : Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
    Info: GPU : DeviceID: VideoController1
    Info: GPU : AdapterRAM: 1073741824
    Info: GPU : AdapterDACType: Internal
    Info: GPU : InstalledDisplayDrivers: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2e329e8610bbb375\igdumdim64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2e329e8610bbb375\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2e329e8610bbb375\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2e329e8610bbb375\igd12umd64.dll
    Info: GPU : DriverVersion: 22.20.16.4836
    Info: GPU : VideoProcessor: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Info: GPU : Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    Info: GPU : DeviceID: VideoController2
    Info: GPU : AdapterRAM: 3221225472
    Info: GPU : AdapterDACType: Integrated RAMDAC
    Info: GPU : InstalledDisplayDrivers: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmi.inf_amd64_0401a47bc69f625c\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmi.inf_amd64_0401a47bc69f625c\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmi.inf_amd64_0401a47bc69f625c\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmi.inf_amd64_0401a47bc69f625c\nvldumdx.dll
    Info: GPU : DriverVersion: 22.21.13.8205
    Info: GPU : VideoProcessor: GeForce GTX 970M
    Warning: GPU : Multiple graphics cards detected, ensure the game is enabled to use the right one.
    Info: GPU : GPUKind: GeForce GTX 970M
    Info: GPU : GPURam: 3.22 GB
    Info: AV : Name: Kaspersky Total Security
    Info: AV : Name: Windows Defender
    Info: FW : Name: Kaspersky Total Security
    Attempting to communicate with Steam Client...
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 405710
    Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198360174678 [API loaded no]
    Succeeded in reaching Steam Client.
    Keyboard layout: 00000809
    Ready to receive steam network data
    FNAInfo> IGLDevice: OpenGLDevice
    FNAInfo> OpenGL Device: GeForce GTX 970M/PCIe/SSE2
    FNAInfo> OpenGL Driver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 382.05
    FNAInfo> OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    FNAWarn> GREMEDY_string_marker not supported!
    FNAInfo> MojoShader Profile: glsl120
    FNAInfo> EXT_swap_control_tear unsupported. Fall back to standard VSync.
    FNAInfo> EXT_swap_control_tear unsupported. Fall back to standard VSync.
    ViewPortSize:{1920,1080}
    Loading shader.
    Succeeded in retrieving Steam user statistics.
    : System.Exception: Game failed to start a local private server for single player mode. from at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    at Plukit.Base.Logger.LogCriticalException(String message, Exception e) in c:\hg\Staxel\Plukit.Base\Logger.cs:line 106
    at Plukit.Base.Logger.LogException(Exception exception) in c:\hg\Staxel\Plukit.Base\Logger.cs:line 199
    at Staxel.Modes.StartMenu.<ConnectSinglePlayer>d__b.MoveNext() in c:\hg\Staxel\Staxel\Modes\StartMenu.cs:line 473
    at Plukit.Base.Continuation`1.Step(T context) in c:\hg\Staxel\Plukit.Base\Continuation.cs:line 31
    at Staxel.Modes.StartMenu.ReadyToChangeMode(DeviceContext context) in c:\hg\Staxel\Staxel\Modes\StartMenu.cs:line 404
    at Staxel.Client.StaxelGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in c:\hg\Staxel\Staxel\Client\StaxelGame.cs:line 206
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in c:\hg\Staxel\FNA\src\Game.cs:line 538
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game) in c:\hg\Staxel\FNA\src\FNAPlatform\SDL2_FNAPlatform.cs:line 624
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run() in c:\hg\Staxel\FNA\src\Game.cs:line 428
    at Staxel.Client.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\hg\Staxel\Staxel\Client\Program.cs:line 86Showing error screen with message:Game failed to start a local private server for single player mode.

6. Badger

Alright, thanks for that. We're gonna need the info from the server console now. So if you can go to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Staxel\bin
    again, and launch the application called Staxel.ServerWizard, and then in the "Storage Name" box enter the name of the world you're trying to load. You can find the world name in the ../common/staxel/LocalContent folder, all your worlds have their own folders within that with their respective names as the folder name. In my case it was My_World_59 (I stuck a screenshot here as an example)

Click the Start Server button and it'll open the server console. Then you can try and load the world again after launching Staxel and see what shows up in the server console window when it crashes (it looks like the other one from earlier but this one has a green Staxel logo icon)

Attached Files:

7. Mira

Mira New Member

Once the window opens, it immediately shuts down before I can do anything else.

Staxel.Server has stopped working
    A problem caused the program to stop working correcly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

8. Mira

Mira New Member

If I make a copy of my world file, would I be able to completely uninstall Staxel, reinstall it, put the world file back and not screw it up?

9. Badger

Yes, if you copy the world folders from LocalContent you can place them back in afterwards. Steam won't delete your LocalContent files if you uninstall/reinstall anyway, but for a proper reinstall it's best to make a backup, uninstall the game via Steam, and then go to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ and delete the entire Staxel folder before installing it again

10. Mira

Mira New Member

So I uninstalled the game and deleted all the games files. I reinstalled and then out of curiosity, before I put my old world file back in, I tried to launch a new world.

I got the same problem as last time! Failed to start private game server etc. I also tried to launch Staxel.Server again, with the same results as before. We're no further along.

11. Badger

Can you try disabling your Antivirus and trying again? I think with Kaspersky it's in the "Self Defence" settings

12. Mira

Mira New Member

Yes, that appears to work. Where do we go from here? I can't keep my anti-virus disabled.

13. Badger

You can add Staxel to the list of Kaspersky's exceptions by going to the settings window, and then to the "Additional" section and selecting "Threats and exclusions". Under the Exclusions heading click on "Configure Exclusions", click on the "Add" button and navigate to the folder Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Staxel, highlight the Staxel folder and click "Select". Then make sure the boxes under "Protection Components" are all ticked and click "Add"

14. Mira

Mira New Member

I've added Staxel to the exception list but now the game won't launch at all. I have a brand new error message for you:

System.Exception ---> System.Exception: Staxel has failed to start (try Staxel -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files...).
    at Staxel.SteamLauncher.SteamLauncherForm.RunGame() in c:\hg\Staxel\Staxel.SteamLauncher\SteamLauncherForm.cs:line 629
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I've verified game files but there's no change, same error message.

15. Badger

Does is still work with Antivirus complately disabled?
    What happens when if you sign out and close Steam, and then run Staxel.Client from the ...steamapps\common\Staxel\bin folder?
    (Sorry I missed the last reply for a while)

16. Mira

Mira New Member

Soooo. Staxel is launching now, but we're back to the original problem of my world failing to launch. Sorry, this wasn't fixed for a while and now broken again, RL happened and this problem had to take a back seat.

17. Badger

Hey, is this issue happening on new worlds too?

18. Mira

Mira New Member

Can't check, the game has stopped launching again! It displays the green loading bar and then that goes away and it displays the close down message about sending feedback to Staxel.

19. Badger

It might possibly be a driver issue. Are your Nvidia drivers up to date? And are you sure Staxel isn't defaulting to your integrated card? You can check this in Nvidia Control Panel under "3D Settings". If Staxel isn't in the dropdown list you can add a new program and then navigate to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Staxel\bin and select Staxel.Client

20. Mira

Mira New Member

I added Staxel to Nvidia and now the program is flashing up a red error box. At first glance it looks like the same one as three weeks ago, but it's actually slightly different:

https://ibb.co/dz3bkd